Opinions Wanted: Helsinki Scenario Scheduling and In-Person Games

Pääkaupunkiseudun pelit, pelipäivät ja muut.
Helsinki Metropolitan Area games, gamedays and other.
Hawthwile
Venture-Agent

Opinions Wanted: Helsinki Scenario Scheduling and In-Person Games

Viesti Kirjoittaja Hawthwile »

Calling all players in the Helsinki region (and those who have been joining us for Monday games online)!

I'd love to start getting some in-person scenario games happening again in Helsinki. Unfortunately, Fantasiapelit no longer has the space or the desire to provide tables for Society games. :( Fortunately, we have several options for alternative spaces!
  • My office is located on the east side of Rautatientori, and I can reserve rooms for private events on the weekends
  • Swyrlyn and Mosi's apartment complex in Kalasatama has a common room that can be reserved for private events
  • KrolPolski's apartment complex in Arabianranta has a common room that can be reserved for private events
Given work schedules and transit times to/from the venue, I don't know that we can make in-person games work on Mondays anymore (can't start too early or folks can't make it in time, can't start too late or folks don't get home until after 22:00 - and there's overlap between too early and too late). My proposal would be to shift them to a weekend day (such as Saturdays). I don't want to cut off the folks who've come to play with us online on Mondays though. Would there be enough interest to support two days of games?

This is where you come in! Naal and I want to know:
- Do you want to play in-person only, online only, or both?
- When would you want to play in-person? What would work best for you, and what could you make work?
- Where would you want to play in-person? Out of the three options above, what would work best for you, and what could you make work? Is there another location you think we should check out?
CrimsonClaw

Re: Opinions Wanted: Helsinki Scenario Scheduling and In-Person Games

Viesti Kirjoittaja CrimsonClaw »

- Both sound good.
- I am generally free on weekdays and weekends (Sundays are reserved for AV for now, but we are on the last book), and other schedules can be built around existing blocks. My only biggest blocker is need to get to work by 22:30 on weeknights, so I'll need to plan around that. Saturdays sound good
- First option sounds best of that bunch for me. As bonus option, I can also ask about my buildings hobby room in the basement. I'm not sure if it's in use yet, or when it'll be usable. But I know its free to use, I just need to pay 50€ collateral for key to it. I live about 7 minutes walk away from Martinlaakso trainstation. If this option sounds good enough, I can probe when it's usable.
Crim on helpompi sanoa.
Pardon my indecisiveness.
Sang

Viesti Kirjoittaja Sang »

- I'm more interested in in-person games since those have been rare, but I'll continue playing online as well.
- Saturdays should be fine for live games. Weekday evenings might work.
- All three of the listed locations sound fine.
One downside of not having games at a more public venue is that there is less chance of recruiting new players, but I don't have any solutions to offer.
mosillan

Viesti Kirjoittaja mosillan »

I would continue the monday games and then either add up or swich some monday games to saturday games couple times in a month.

I don't think we have enough materials (scenarios) or players for 8 games a month. Even if some of those were the same games.

I would say that for start once a month adding a saturday game event would be kinda nice.

And depending on frequenzy and timing of the games I would like to have some face to face games.
TpM

Viesti Kirjoittaja TpM »

Both. Maybe one in-person 2e per month and continue online Monday games.

- When would you want to play in-person? What would work best for you, and what could you make work?

As long as there is no good option for week games I would like to have Monday games online and one in-person.
I live REALLY close train station but sadly that train station is little too far from Helsinki. Also possible hobby room would
be in building they haven't yet started building. I know some public places but sadly for example libraries has either too
short time for their meeting rooms (3 hours in Oodi) or bad opening times (Töölön kirjasto Saturday 10-16) so I cannot
suggest any place.

- Where would you want to play in-person?

For official Helsinki Lodge games I would prefer public places but suggested options sounds also good.
KrolPolski

Viesti Kirjoittaja KrolPolski »

In-person only. I spend so much time on Zoom for work I can't relax that way.

M-W, F or Sunday evenings could work well for me. Saturdays a noon start would be best, saturday evenings are hard for me until summer ends (not impossible)

- Where would you want to play in-person? Out of the three options above, what would work best for you, and what could you make work? Is there another location you think we should check out?
My building is the most convenient but I could easily get to any of these three locations.
Swyrlyn

Viesti Kirjoittaja Swyrlyn »

Here we go:

I am fine with both. I enjoy playing in both formats so a mix could work nicely.

Mondays have been a good day for me, rest of the week can be kind of filled for me most of the time. I would not want to play every weekend but a game now and then on a weekend could work (perhaps once a month).

All of the places should work. I still get nightmares about finding a public playing place without too big of a cost so I am fine with anything that works.
Tonkku

Viesti Kirjoittaja Tonkku »

Hi,

I've been enjoying online games just because it makes life easier with me living in Vantaa and having early mornings in work.

- When would you want to play in-person?
If there is remote option, I'll prefer that. If not, depending where it is because I try to hit the bed in workdays at 22:00 and it can be easily hour commute from middle of Helsinki

Close to train station or I can also offer my place for games (Vantaa, Vantaanpuisto). I live alone (no pets) and have space for one table, two if half the people don't mind playing on knee high table with no chairs...
JJape

Viesti Kirjoittaja JJape »

I feel online games are more convenient to attend (I live in Vantaa).
But if it is a suitable place and time, in-person games work fine (see below).

Saturday would definetely be the best for in-gaming. But not every week, as I usually have campaign/other gaming on Sunday (now on hold, though)

Out of the three options above, near rautatienasema is the best location. Others would work if it is on Saturday.
Viimeksi muokannut JJape, 17 Heinä 2022, 22:49. Yhteensä muokattu 1 kertaa.
atouru

Viesti Kirjoittaja atouru »

I'm not from the Helsinki-area, so face-to-face games aren't possible outside of cons, but I have certainly enjoyed the on-line games and would do so in the future.
Tonski

Viesti Kirjoittaja Tonski »

Online gameing in weekdays work better for me because i live in Kirkkonummi also my work schedules are swifting time to time in middke of the work day. But i would love to have some in-person games time to time. Problem is that usully on weekends i tend to have other home tabletop games at the sametime. Maybe like once a mont there would be weekend in-person and normaly monday games in online.

Maybe once in a month or twice in a weekend?

Well if it in weekend, idont have problems to travel or have to worry about scheducle
Aasitar

Viesti Kirjoittaja Aasitar »

I'd like to join in-person games maybe every two weeks. I might come back to online games. I can't do both at the same time so two games per week is too much.

Not Saturdays before 3 pm or Sundays after 7 pm. Other days I can work with.

All options work for me on weekdays, weekends near the train station preferrd. I could also host games at my place in Karakallio, Espoo but it's quite far for people.
Mari täällä moi
Merle

Viesti Kirjoittaja Merle »

- I honestly prefer playing online. I hate traveling and internet is conveniently in my house. If all games go in-person I will follow them, because not playing at all would be worse, but I would like to keep at least some games online.

- I have very little ideas schedule-wise. I can't do weekends until at least the end of September, but other than that I'm just a big "???"

- Rautatientori and Kalasatama would be easiest options due to metro access.
mmultima

Viesti Kirjoittaja mmultima »

I have the opposite problem, as I don't have a convenient place to lock away from rest of the family. I tried online, and it didn't work. Now with lesser restrictions I am hoping to get to some games, somewhere.

When and where?

Espoo works best. Best days would probably be workdays, but if it is once every two weeks or once a month it doesn't matter that much.
viherpollo

Viesti Kirjoittaja viherpollo »

I can do both

Viesti Kirjoittaja Karma »

-Do you want to play in-person only, online only, or both?
In-person only. Online doesn’t do it me.

Hard to say yet, until kids school&hobbies etc. start. I think I could spare a weekend day once or twice a month. From workdays Tue, Wed and Thu would be safest bets

Railway station sounds convenient. Any place with free parking nearby works as well.
Jahenrad

Viesti Kirjoittaja Jahenrad »

Both is fine to me

In-person games are best in saturday

Rautientori location is best for me. I also can offer our apartment complex's common room, which resides in Vermon niitty (near Perkkaa and Leppävaara, Espoo city).
riipah

Viesti Kirjoittaja riipah »

Mainly (90%) in person. Occasional online is ok, when people are sick or weather is bad.
Weekends are fine, 12:00 - 22:00. Also weekdays are ok by default, unless I have something else that day, 18:00 - 22:00.
Arabianranta and Kalasatama are closest to me, but all mentioned locations are ok.
JK Ironak

Viesti Kirjoittaja JK Ironak »

Both.

At this time, only Monday afternoon is bad. Otherwise 17:00+ on wordays or any time on weekends is fine.

Rautatientori might be the best since I live and work by the train line in Espoo, but I could make it to any of them.
Vastaa Viestiin