1e Seeker Scenario planning(tier 12+)

Roll20:ssä tai muutoin verkossa paikasta riippumatta tapahtuvat pelit ja muut.
Games and other stuff taking place in Roll20 or otherwise on internet.
MaskedGuy
Venture-Agent

1e Seeker Scenario planning(tier 12+)

Viesti Kirjoittaja MaskedGuy »

Continuing from sevenfinger thread, it seems like we can actually get this done finally.

So far the list of available seekers for non eyes of the ten seeker games:
*Kalmeak level 13 magus buried in spire forever
*Marek Blackleaf level 12 wizard
*Sram level 12 metal kineticist
*Streamwalker's character
*possible some characters from Turku?
*level 12 wizard and bard
*level 14 bard
*Antonia level 12 sorcerer

Soon to be seekers: Naal had level 10 character, TpM has level 9 character, Riska has 1 exp away from level 12 character(swashbuckler/occultist/bloodrager), LLK had also characters close to 12 iirc. I have 3 xp from level 12 character, but they are reserved for eyes of the ten. However after that I could play them in seeker scenarios if we get multiple tables

So we need to figure out here is 1) can we get multiple parties with survivable composition out of the seekers 2) which seeker characters play which scenarios 3) who wants to run second table if there are enough players for it 4) which characters are close to becoming seekers.

So regular non special seeker scenarios are:
All for Immortality (tier 12-15) trilogy(First Taste of Eternity, All the Gods Beyond and Serpents Fall)
Unleashing the Untouchable(tier 12-15)
Betrayal in the Bones(tier 12-15)
The Rasping Rebirth (tier 12-15)
Passing the Torch (tier 12-18) duology (Who Wears the Mask and Who Speaks for the Ten)

Besides this there are high level modules(such as feast of dust, witch war legacy, moonscar, tomb of iron medusa) and AP parts in pfs mode.
Hawthwile
Venture-Agent

Re: 1e Seeker Scenario planning(tier 12+)

Viesti Kirjoittaja Hawthwile »

Do we want to rotate GMs? I’m certainly happy to trade the favor. I also happen to have a paper copy of Wardens of the Reborn Forge (which has a special chronicle sheet for players starting the adventure at lvl 12). It’s a three-chronicle module that gives 3 xp per chronicle (so 3 lvls, +1 if you start at lvl 12).

I’ve also played both parts of Passing the Torch, so I could run those for other folks if there’s interest. However, given that they’re some of the few scenarios to get to lvl 18, perhaps we want to save them for later?

I’ve also got the two almost-seekers at 30 xp. The ranger has AP credit waiting for him once he hits lvl 12, but the sorcerer might be interested in something like All for Immortality once he has a few more sessions under his belt and hits 33 xp.

Now, some crazy folks from Utah that I used to play with had planned a whole track of scenarios/modules to get their PFS characters to lvl 20. If folks are interested, I can ask for a blueprint. Personally, I’m fine with whatever - it’s just nice to get to play some of your oldest characters, you know?
cheant
Admin, Venture-Agent

Viesti Kirjoittaja cheant »

One module I would be interested in if we want push more seekers would be Ruby Phoenix Tournament.
Streamwalker

Viesti Kirjoittaja Streamwalker »

I have played Passing the Torch (both parts) and Betrayal in Bones. I would suggest All for Immortality -trilogy next.
AP parts don't interest me, but I would like to play higher-tier modules later, preferably in PFS-mode.
"Intelligence is knowing that tomatoes are a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put tomatoes in a fruit salad. Charisma is the ability to sell a tomato-based fruit salad."
MaskedGuy
Venture-Agent

There is also the option of trying to schedule these so that one party plays lower tier and one higher tier. Well either way, it is probably good idea to start with All for Immortality trilogy. I did originally want to run all seeker scenarios for the same party,(since it gets easier to roleplay when party members get to know each other) but that is kinda impossible at this point :' D

So yeah, I'll take sign ups for All for Immortality and if we get one sided party(like party full of squishy casters) then let's just let this wait until we have more characters to fill the roster.

Summaries for part 1, part 2 and part 3:

Every year, one of Thuvia’s five city-states receives a mere six vials of the famous sun orchid elixir—a potent and extravagantly expensive tonic able to reverse the effects of aging. After both of his last two shipments disappeared without a trace, the ruler of Pashow has retained the services of the Pathfinder Society to ensure that this year the elixir arrives unharmed and restores prosperity to his realm. However, what begins as an unusual security assignment quickly spirals into a revelatory unveiling of Pashow’s treacherous underbelly.

Recent revelations suggest the Thuvian crisis is part of a more devious scheme—one that extends far beyond the sun orchid trade. On the trail of the villainous mastermind at the heart of it all, the PCs set out for shadow-cursed Nidal to infiltrate a clandestine facility established to study the utterly otherworldly.

The elite Pathfinders have unraveled secrets within secrets, all of which point to a mastermind poised to strike from the Chelish military port of Ostenso. Sending agents so deep into enemy territory risks brutal reprisal, yet it cannot compare to the evils that will arise if the Society does not intervene. There is no recourse but to strike at the very heart of the Aspis Consortium itself, and the PCs shall wield the blade!
Streamwalker

Viesti Kirjoittaja Streamwalker »

I'm up for the trilogy with lvl 13 Dragon Rager.
"Intelligence is knowing that tomatoes are a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put tomatoes in a fruit salad. Charisma is the ability to sell a tomato-based fruit salad."
cheant
Admin, Venture-Agent

Kalmeak would be up for trilogy and he's certainly a non-squishy caster (still arcane caster but AC 30+, HP 100+). But being spire character he is not built to be very versatile.
Hawthwile
Venture-Agent

Unfortunately, Arnaut’s got a chronicle sheet waiting for him once he hits lvl 15 (after one more scenario) that’ll shoot him up to lvl 16 and out of tier for the latter two parts of this series. ☹️ Maybe he’ll catch y’all on the other side!
MaskedGuy
Venture-Agent

Well uh, the only level 16+ scenarios are the few specials and Passing the Torch which ye played so unless we play modules or AP parts in PFS mode, not lot of choices regarding that character
Hawthwile
Venture-Agent

😢 Perhaps I might turn my attention to GMing for the other lovely Seekers then?
Hawthwile
Venture-Agent

Alright, if we can get one more [7-11] game in after Paizocon, Kije (fire sorcerer) will be lvl 12 (33 xp). And I heard that All For Immortality has a hard mode as well...
NiTessine
Venture-Agent
Viesti:

Viesti Kirjoittaja NiTessine »

Hawthwile kirjoitti: 21 Touko 2020, 23:52 Alright, if we can get one more [7-11] game in after Paizocon, Kije (fire sorcerer) will be lvl 12 (33 xp). And I heard that All For Immortality has a hard mode as well...
Preferences for scenario and/or date?
Taivalkapteeni-emeritus. VA Tampere.

https://nitessine.wordpress.com/
Hawthwile
Venture-Agent

NiTessine kirjoitti: 22 Touko 2020, 00:59
Hawthwile kirjoitti: 21 Touko 2020, 23:52 Alright, if we can get one more [7-11] game in after Paizocon, Kije (fire sorcerer) will be lvl 12 (33 xp). And I heard that All For Immortality has a hard mode as well...
Preferences for scenario and/or date?
Kije's a Season 8 baby, so he'd love to do ones like #8-04 Wardens of Sulfur Gulch or #8-17 Refugees of the Weary Sky. Not Torrent's Last Will though - underwater combat is terrible and Kije's gonna sulk if he can't throw fireballs around like confetti. :lol: (Unless that's everyone else's choice, of course.)
MaskedGuy
Venture-Agent

I'd still like beacon below or what prestige is worth... Is there any season 8 dark archive 7-11?
NiTessine
Venture-Agent
Viesti:

Yeah, the Darchive 7-11 from Season 8 Torrent's Last Will. I've played it and it's not bad, though I'm not super interested in running underwater combat on Roll20. Also I personally prefer, at this point, to check off scenarios I don't have a chronicle from.

Wardens of Sulfur Gulch and Refugees of the Weary Sky both look like something I could run after PaizoCon. What Prestige Is Worth also looks like it'd be right up my alley as a GM.

Wardens doesn't have faction stuff but it is a Numeria scenario, Refugees is for Grand Lodge and Scarab Sages, and What Prestige Is Worth is a Dark Archive gig.

TheRiska
Venture-Agent

Viesti Kirjoittaja TheRiska »

Preference would be Wardens of Sulfur Gulch. With level 11 Inspired blade swash/occultist/urban bloodrager. after scenario she will be level 12
MaskedGuy
Venture-Agent

In that case, I'd like to point out that you CAN throw underwater fireballs, its just casterlevel check ;D (or steam metamagic rod)

(I do have experience in running underwater combat from Ruins of Azlant, but that would mean not being on the player side :' D)

But yeah if no Torrent's Last will then what prestige is worth would be nice. I could run the next 7-11 after that(even if it would be nice to get to play those three 7-11 scenarios to finally have eyes of the ten character ready)
Hawthwile
Venture-Agent

I stand corrected. :lol: Preference would be Wardens of Sulfur Gulch or Torrent's Last Stand since I've already played What Prestige is Worth, but that also means I could run What Prestige is Worth for other folks.

Regarding timing, definitely after PaizoCon. And I'd ask for a weekend (or maybe Friday) since we didn't finish the last game until nearly midnight - and that one was fairly straightforward!
cheant
Admin, Venture-Agent

What Prestige is Worth is indeed LONG, but it's worth it's time. When I played it we had a food break in the middle. Would certainly use a replay for it if it doesn't get full from first timers.

Out of called out 7-11 scenarios most interested in Wardens of Sulfur Gulch, Refugees of the Weary Sky and Beacon Below as haven't played those yet.
NiTessine
Venture-Agent
Viesti:

So let's make it Wardens of Sulfur Gulch. June is currently blank on my calendar, so I'm pretty free. Would Friday the 6th be good?

I'd be very interested in playing What Prestige Is Worth. Because of reasons, I have a lot of Dark Archive characters.

Vastaa Viestiin